The Swaziland (eSwatini) Government has been forced to make a public statement reassuring people that there is no link between the coronavirus pandemic and 5G mobile phone technology.
Manqoba Khumalo, Acting Minister of Information, Communications and Technology, said in a statement on Monday (18 January 2021) a lot of ‘panic and anxiety’ and ‘conspiracy theories’ had spread among people that 5G technology caused coronavirus (COVID-19).
He said, ‘The theory has no basis and is totally devoid of any truth as there is absolutely no relationship whatsoever between the technology and the novel coronavirus.’
Trials to introduce 5G technology have yet to start in the impoverished kingdom of Swaziland.
Deaths from coronavirus continue to rise. As of 17 January 2021 there had been 376 deaths and 12,944 positive cases recorded by the Swazi Ministry of Health.
Swaziland plea to WHO for urgent help as coronavirus deaths out of control
Big rises in coronavirus cases predicted in Swaziland by month’s end